At Bakenkop Animal Clinic we add value to your pet family.
Some of our unique services that we offer:
Monitoring our patients 24 hours
We are proud to announce that from 2017 we offer 24-hour monitoring of our patients by our fully qualified veterinary nurses. They will be in continuous contact with the vet on duty.
Consulting hours until 9 pm weekdays
For your convenience we are open from 7:00 until 21:00 every day of the week, and twice on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
We offer 24-hour emergency service. Call our clinic’s emergency number on 082 5511 966.
Specialist Veterinarians as part of our Team
We are proud to announce that we are the only Veterinary Clinic in Centurion that can offer you the service of specialists at our facility. To ensure that your pet always receives the best diagnostic and treatment protocols, we have Dr Mirinda van Schoor, a Specialist Physician and Dr Kristina Lutz, a senior vet with an Honours degree in Surgery as part of our team. Dr Bruce Nevill, a specialist surgeon recently joined our team as well.
When our canine patients need a blood transfusion we have a blood bank. Our nurses are in contact with our donors and make sure there is blood available in an emergency. For more information on how to become a blood donor clinic or how it works, click this link http://www.bakenkopanimalclinic.co.za/canine-blood-donors/
On- site Laboratory
Our on-site laboratory provides speedy results to make an accurate diagnosis and implement effective treatment protocols. We are able to do full blood counts, electrolytes as well as a full lab report within 30 minutes of admission.
We have specialised equipment to assist us in making the correct diagnosis and treat our patients with the best available technology:
- Ultrasound machine
- Ultrasonic scaler for dentals (same as your dentist)
- Dental X-ray Machine (to visualise teeth and their roots)
- Digital X-ray Machine (for the best quality radiographs]
- Endoscope (to explore the intestines, stomach, esophagus etc…)
- Rhinoscope (to explore the nasal passages)
- Bronchoscope (to explore the airways)
- Firefly digital otoscope (to explore the ear canals)
- Oxygen tent (to provide safe oxygen to our patients on a 24 hour basis)
- Anaesthetic Machines (for the safest anaesthesia to our patients)
- Blood pressure machine, Capnograph and Pulsoximeter (to ensure efficient patient monitoring during an operation)
- Infusion Pumps (the amount of fluids given to a patient can be potentially life threatening. We have invested in the best quality infusion pumps to ensure that every patient receives the correct amount of fluids)
We also take in referrals from other Veterinary Clinics for these special procedures.
Health and Safety of our patients are important to us, therefore we custom build three different wards :
1. A Dog ward for all our canine patients with underfloor heating and an air conditioner.
2. A Cat ward away from the dog ward to minimise stress in our feline patients.
3. An Isolation ward where every precaution possible is taken to prevent contamination and infection of the rest of the hospital and our other patients. All the patients with contagious diseases will be examined and treated this special ward. Protective clothing and boots are worn at all times in this ward.
Free Primary Healthcare Assessments [by appointment]
This is performed by our friendly veterinary nurses. The assessment includes the following
1. Vaccination status.
2. Parasite Control (Internal and External Parasites)
3. Weight assessment & Nutritional advise.
4. Dental Evaluation.
5. Microchip Scanning and Medical Insurance information.
Phone 012 653 4474/2 for an appointment.
Puppy & Kitten Healthcare Packages
We offer vaccination and sterilisation packages to all our young patients at a reduced rate.
Senior Wellness Screens
For all our geriatric patients we offer a Senior Wellness Comprehensive Screen. Dogs and Cats are considered senior after 7 years of age. As our pets age, they encounter many of the same medical conditions that we humans encounter, e.g. arthritis, diabetes, organ failure, etc. Prevention is always better than cure. We want to help your beloved pet to live a happy, healthy life for as long as possible. Booking essential. Senior wellness screening
Our Clinic has several different pain control protocols to keep our patients comfortable.
Hydrotherapy and Rehabilitation
All veterinary patients benefit from rehabilitation. However, substantial benefits may be gained with rehabilitation of animals with the following conditions:
- Post orthopedic surgery
- Post spinal surgery
- Chronic Arthritis
- Non-operable orthopedic conditions (conditions in which surgery may be avoided or delayed, such as Spinal Disease, early partial Cruciate Ligament rupture, hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia)
- Post amputation
- Muscle wasting
- Geriatric animals
- Canine athletes
Read more here on Rehabilitation and Fitness
Pet Slimmer Clinic
Obesity in pets has become an important contributor to diseases in animals. One in every 3 pets is overweight. Sister Cindy Du Preez has been involved in weight loss programs for over ten years and has helped many pets to a happier and healthier life. Please feel free to make an appointment with her to have your furry friend assessed free of charge. For our success stories please click on this link http://www.bakenkopanimalclinic.co.za/pet-slimmers/
Pet Care Videos
We have prepared videos for you to assist with daily treatments and medication applications for your beloved pets. To view the videos click on this link http://www.bakenkopanimalclinic.co.za/pet-care-videos/
We have an appointment system. You are welcome to phone and make an appointment with the doctor of your choice. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Vast range of skills
Multiple vets with different interests and specialties assure that there are always second opinions available within the practice.
We value your time. For your convenience our ambulance service is available to you. If you would like to make a booking, please phone and ask our friendly receptionist to assist you.
At a nominal fee, we will deliver your pet’s food to your doorstep.
If you need information regarding payment options please read our Bakenkop Payment Policy or read more here http://www.bakenkopanimalclinic.co.za/accounts-payments/.