Pet Slimmer Clinic – FUN FACTS
• Since 2013 Hill’s has had more than 21 000 pets sign up to the Hill’s Pet Slimmer programme.
• The most overweight dog breeds on the programme have been – Labrador / Retriever; Dachshund; Jack Russell; Pug and Miniature Pinscher.
• Gauteng has the highest number of overweight pets, followed by the Western Cape; KwaZulu-Natal; the Eastern Cape and the Free State.
• Less than 15% of pets enrolled on the programme are cats – though the largest cat ever to be signed up to the programme weighed 15kg!
• Some of the crazy treats that Hill’s has discovered that pet parents are giving to their pets include tea and rusks; marshmallows; honey on toast; viennas; dry wors, biltong & boerewors; ice cream, yoghurt and cheese. Some pets are also guilty of stealing treats – tales of pets stealing avocados from trees and dogs learning to open fridges and freezers to gain access to snacks have been heard.
• More than 50 pets had more than 30kgs to lose – that’s an 9 year old human!
• The most weight lost by a single pet slimmer is 26.7kg.
• There were some pets that signed up at 3 times their ideal body weight.
• One person brought her dog in for 59 weigh-ins – despite her utter dedication, her beagle never made it to its’ target weight.
For more information on the Hill’s Pet Slimmer Clinic please feel free to visit the website www.petslimmer.co.za